Zune KWOK (*1985). Graduated from Film & Television School (Directing major) at The Hong Kong Academy For Performing Arts in 2009. His second year project “A Day in a Life” awarded Best Film – VFF Young Talent Award at the 28th Munich International Festival of Film Schools. Graduation project “Homecoming” is awarded Gold Award in Open Category of The 15th HK Independent Short Film & Video Awards (ifva) and shown in The 34th Hong Kong International Film Festival (HKIFF). Both films were selected by various festival competitions and screenings.
Also, Zune was candidate of TOKYO FILMeX Next Masters 2010 (Tokyo, Japan), main lecturers were HOU Hsiao-Hsien (film director), Simon FIELD (Producer), Emilie GEOGES (World Sales “Momento Films International”) and Matthijs Wouter KNOL (Berlinale Talent Campus).
Currently he is independent filmmaker and freelancer, positions as director, screenwriter, workshop tutor etc. “Downstream” is his latest short film.
2008 - Script Supervisor of Strawberry Cliff Pro: Bill Kong, Dir: Chris Chow
2010 - 2nd Assistant Director of Iris Pro: John Quinn, Dir: Robert Goenwold
2010 - Director, Editor of Single Serving Friends Commissioned by HKAC, 7-eleven
2011 - Executive Director (HK part) of documentary Dear Taiwan Dir: Chen Lih-kuei
2011 - Director of TV short drama Cross the Border
2012 - Director of TV short drama Downstream
A Day in a Life (2008, 17min, S16mm)
1. The 2008 Kodak Film School Competition, Hong Kong, 2008. In Asia-Pacific Regional Competition and National Winner
2. The 28th Munich International Festival of Film Schools, in Munich, Germany, 2008. BEST FILM - VFF YOUNG TALENT AWARD
3. NUFF 2009, in Tromsø, Norway, 2009. The Gaza Youth Jury award for the Best Film of the International Program
4. The 10th International Film Schools Festival (ESCUELA DE CINE DEL URUGUAY), 2009, Uruguay. Best Work of Fiction
5. The 10th up-and-coming International Film Festival, 2009, Hannover, Germany.
International Young Film Makers Award
6. The 9th South Taiwan Film & Video Festival, 2009, Kaohsiung City and Tainan City, Taiwan. New Director Award
7. The 3. WIZ-ART festival, Lviv, Ukraine, 2010. Grand Prix of the Festival WIZ-ART
8. The 2nd Hangzhou Student Film & Video Festival (China). Grand Prix Award
Homecoming (2009, 30min, S16mm)
1. The 6th China Independent Film Festival (CIFF), Nanjing, China, 2009. Best Student Shorts
2. 10th Sichuan TV Festival (SCTVF) International “Gold Panda” Awards for
Student, Sichuan, China, 2009. Special Jury Award in Drama Category. 2009
3. The 2nd Trans-Chinese Film Academy Festival, Beijing, China, 2009. Best Film of Fiction
4. The 15th HK Independent Short Film & Video Awards (ifva), Hong Kong, 2010. Gold Award in Open Category.
5. The 34th Hong Kong International Film Festival (HKIFF), Hong Kong, 2010. In Hong Kong Panorama 2009-2010 Section.
6. The 3rd edition of the International Student Film Festival Early Melons, Bratislava,
Slovakia, 2010. In Competition
7. The 1st China International (King Bonn) New Media Shorts Award, Shenzhen, China, 2010. Excellent Drama Short, Excellent Original Screenplay and Excellent Actress for Melendenz Violeta T.
8. Taipei Film Festival, Taipei, Taiwan, 2010. In Quattro Hong Kong Programme
9. 9th International Student Film & Video Festival in Beijing Film Academy. Audience
Single Serving Friends (2011, 6min, HD)
1. In Competition - The 11th up-and-coming International Film Festival, 2011, Hannover, Germany.
2. In Competition - The 20th REC International Youth Film Festival, Berlin, Germany, 2011.
Cross the Border (2011, 22min, HD/ broadcasted on 20-11-2011, TVB)
1. 12th South Taiwan Film Festival, Taiwan, 2012 - Indie Hong Kong
Downstream (2012, 24min, HD/ broadcasted on 13-09-2012, ATV)
1. The 37th Hong Kong International Film Festival (HKIFF), Hong Kong, 2013. In Hong Kong Panorama 2012-2013.
2. In Competition - the 12th up-and-coming International Film Festival, 2013, Hannover, Germany